Wednesday, October 03, 2007

CSS Guru Wannabe

This week I have really got stuck into some CSS work which has helped greatly with both of my assignments. The site for CSS Beauty is almost complete, just a few finishing touches are needed. I would like some feedback on how you think it looks. Maybe suggesting some features or improvements would help me greatly.


Apart from the list bullets (which were working fine earlier, and now seem to be ignoring my padding rules), any other comments and improvements are appreciated.

The building process for Steve's assignment is almost upon me and I am beginning to feel ready for it. Bring it on!!

Thanks in advance. Marc

7 comments:

Julian Dyer said...

I really like you design, Marc, especially the picture at the top – it really adds some atmosphere to the page. Has a very gritty, metallic feel also.

You may want to give you H tags some margin top / bottom so that they have some space of their own between the paragraphs. You may also want to put the XHTML part into its own area at the bottom of the page, maybe in a footer or in a smaller type at the bottom (the latter being easier to do).

Marc Pugh said...

Thats a good idea Julian, thanks. I never really noticed the copyright part I just inserted the style without thinking. It should definitely be a style on it's own.

I did set the margins to 0px but I think your right. They do need some alterations. It all feels a little too cramped.

Thanks :)

Craig Burgess said...

I said pretty much everything earlier today on what things could be improved Marc, but I'd just like to say how nice the design is looking.

Very good job. You can see you've improved a lot, and it's in CSS!

Cracking work.

Marc Pugh said...

I know I can't beleave it. I admit having some help from Chris (Thanks) but compared to the CSS site I designed over the summer holiday I have improved dramatically. I just hope the progression keeps high.

Chris Towell said...

Don't mention it mate, we are all here to help each other and I have to say I am quite (if not a lot) envious of your design.

I love the banner it looks right and complements the site. I'm having problems with my bullets but if you make a separate style for it like this

ul li {
stuff here
}

It should be fine.

Craig Burgess said...

li {
list-style-type:none;
}

Marc Pugh said...

I thought I had all that anyway. I must have changed something before I left. Anyway cheers, I will get it sorted for Wednesday :D