Sunday, October 07, 2007

Job Hunting - Revised

This journal entry was quite an interesting one. I have never really looked for jobs through the internet so actually finding a job took longer than expected. It was good practice as I am sure I will need to look for a job in the near future.

I kept finding jobs that over-exceeding my current skills so I found them unsuitable. I eventually found one that would be suitable, although I was behind most of the other peers in my group by this time. I must ensure that I optimize my searches and look for more appropriate sources.

Answering the questions got me thinking. Are these really the sort of questions that would be asked in an interview? I have had several client meetings, and practice interviews within college, but I have never been to one for a job.

I thought about each question but putting my answer into words seemed a little more difficult than I had expected. I answered them honestly, as I would in a real interview although I am sure that it would be different in the actual interview.

I was stumbled when I came to the question about heroes. I really don't have one. Maybe I should look into finding a hero? The only real person I have shown interest in their work is the guy I actually chose, although I am sure that Flash isn't really relative so maybe I should have chosen someone else.

Overall the experience was good and I enjoyed the task even if it took me a little while longer than the rest of the class. I am sure that these questions will pop in and out of job interviews all the time. Maybe I could have answered my questions a little more differently?

3 comments:

Chris Towell said...

If he's your hero stick with him, I know who you mean and he is very good at teaching Flash. It also gives an insight into what your likes are and who inspires you to do better. I think he is an ideal choice if you're wanting to get into a career in Flash.

Mirhad Kalabic said...

I'm totally with you on the looking at job specification that over exceed current skill levels. Kind of scary really because in a few months time we will be looking for real jobs and not having the skills will actually make a difference, unlike in this practice.

Marc Pugh said...

There really are tons of people that I look up to, but he is probably the one I would like to follow on from the most. Even if my career choice has no Flash in it at least I have the skills to use it for personal uses.