Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Top Songs

Lost Prophets - Last Summer
This was the first ever Lost Prophet song I heard before I even knew who they were. I heard them live at a Linkin Park concert. This song stayed in my mind and I have loved it ever since. It's really got me liking this band. The song seems to have a meaning. The song to me is about leaving home and chasing your dreams, but having to say goodbye to the people closest to you. It seems like the person is spending his last days with his friends and making them life long memories before he goes. The lyrics *I would stop time to stay with you* mean that the person would stop time if he could, and thus not needing to chase his dream. It truly is an amazing song. Lost prophets songs always seem to have some sort of meaning. Werther it's noticeable, or within every individual person.

Linkin Park - Leave out all the rest
This song I found unusual, as Linkin Parks songs aren't always the best when they are slow. Slow songs by Linkin Park are different to their usual music they create. This song, despite being slow compared to most of their other songs, is extremely enjoyable. It also fits in with the kind of music Linkin Park are good at. It's off there new album and I recommend it to anyone.

T-a-t-u - They're not gonna get us
This song is probably one of the very few I actually like from these singers. Although they are foreign there english is really good. I also chose this song as it is a different type of music compared to the other two I have chosen. This is more of a dance song. The song's meaning is about a person that is sticking up for what they beleive in, but by doing so, this person makes lots of enemies. The song talks about this person's travels escaping their enemies. I want to see Craig A's face when he hears this song. I play it often in the car and he hates it!

10 comments:

Chris Towell said...

Last Summer brilliant! Probably one of their best songs. I really like the Start Something album and have to admit they are probably one of my favourite bands.

Not heard the new album yet but if its anything like What I've Done and Bleed It Out in quality it should be okay.

And a big t.A.T.u fan here! It's not a well known song is it either? I think we all know that their most famous song is "All The Things She Said".

Although I do like their newest album too, there are some good songs on that. I might add All About Us to my CD.

Craig Allington said...

Never heard you play t.A.T.u ever in your car. Avril yes, some random dance stuff I hate yes, but them no...

But anyways, Last Summer isn't a song I'd of chosen of Lostprophets to put on, would have probably put Kobrakai on or the classic that is shinobi.

Also, you might want to run the grammer and spell checker on your post. 'Werther' was the first thing I noticed in the first paragraph.

Craig Allington said...

Oh and I also refer you to my previous post called 'All Your Sheep Belong To Us...' regarding your blog title.

Not sure if you can link in comments?

Chris Towell said...

Isn't it Shinobi VS Dragon Ninja Craig?

The track he's referring to from t.A.T.u is a dance track(ish) so you've probably heard it.

Last Summer is a brilliant song and one that finally changed my views on the lostprophets in fact it's the reason I bought Start Something (album).

Marc Pugh said...

Yes sorry Craig it is adifferent song I must be thinking of. Maybe Umberella by Rihanna.

I chose Last Summer basically because it was the first song I heard from them.

T-a-t-u Aren't English are they? What is their album like? I'v only heard about 4 of their songs.

I will also do a spell check and proof read also. Thanks Craig. I think I was panicking at the time because it was that night when my computer broke. I kept thinking about adding more content to the post as well but as I have had no computer access it's been a bit hard. Maybe it's too late as well now.

Craig Allington said...

Yes Chris it is Shinobi VS Dragon Ninja (hence the resulting Dragon Ninja fan site).

And as far am I'm aware t.A.T.u are Russian are they not? A lot of controversy around them too, probably not appropiate to be discussed here however.

Richard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Richard said...

I think Tatu are Russian too I seem to remember them being on Eurovision singing for Russia. I don�t usually watch Eurovision but that sticks in my head for sum reason!

I haven�t heard any Linkin park or Lost Prophets for about 3years so I am looking forward to hearing something I haven't heard from them.

Chris Towell said...

@Richard - I have to admit I love the lostprophets but was not really impressed with the Fake Sound of Progress album.

However the new album Liberation Transmission is so much better as is Start Something (album before FSOP).

I have always been a fan of Linkin Park too. Favourite album would be Hybrid Theory followed by Re-Animation. As for the Collision Course I love Numb/Encore which is strange because I don't normally like Rap/Hip-Hop.

t.A.T.u. are Russian and the album is a bit weird. Some songs are repeated in Russian.

Suzanne Hullah said...

In regards to Chris' comment, Fake Sound of progress was Lost Prophet's first album and Start Something was the album after.

Personally their albums have got worse and worse since FSOP, they're trying to hard to change with the new 'emo' scene. But you have chosen a good song of theirs.